December 18, 2012

Roecker Celebrates 10 Years as an Active Member of The Recording Academy


"I tell the story all the time about my having a subscription to Billboard magazine when I was in college -- and you know that proves how committed to music I was even then because that subscription could have bought a lot of beer!  I am grateful every single day that I get to be a part of the process of making music and introducing new music to the world.  Whenever there are no words to be found, we turn to music to re-engage, to connect and to heal.  When the human race is confronted by events such as Hurricane Sandy and the absolutely devastating shootings in Newton, musicians have been the first to step up and help...it has been and remains a great honor to work with such incredibly talented people who, more often than not, simply want to make the world a better place."
Ron Roecker