March 19, 2012

I Am Outraged & So, So Very Sad at What This Country Has Become


I friend of mine told me that he saw this bumper sticker the other day in L.A. and I simply could not believe that anyone today would actually think putting something like this out there would be ok or funny.  Has this country become so disgusting and the two political parties so embattered and bitter that going for the cheap, inexcusable, mortifying racist slur really seems just?  I am embarrassed to be an American.  To think what the rest of the world must think of us egotistical, idiotic Americans who have no idea what respect and kindness and humility and acceptance are -- this type of b.s. is so unacceptable and appalling. But most importantly, how can we look at ourselves in the mirror and declare this the Land of the Free?  We should be ashamed of ourselves.  At the same time I have tears in my eyes I have such rage in my soul.  I implore those of you who are educated and loving out there who cherish humanness far more than political bullying to lash out if you see anyone displaying crap like this.  If anyone thinks this is ok then I'm here to tell you that I will absolutely do anything I can to let you know that it indeed is NOT.  For if you think you have a right to spread this kind of infantile bull**it, then remember we have every right to come down on you with equal force.  After all, we live in the land of the free, right?