July 20, 2011

Roecker On Harry Potter Finale...


I was racking my brain trying to think how the latest and last film in the Harry Potter franchise could have been even better than it was....then it hit me.  3.D.  I went last night to Universal City Walk with my friend Eric (both fans of book and film) and we sat in our reserved seats with our large popcorn, a large diet coke for mois, a sprite for E, and a Cinnabon Cinnomon pretzel for dessert.  Somewhere in the distance, Corey Hart was crooning so we put on our wayfarers and let the magic happen.  This was the first 3D film that I saw where the 3D wasn't the lead actor.  The 3D effects simply made you feel even more a part of the action and the emotion.  For those of you who have read the books, watched the movies and experienced the last battle over the past week or so, you may have separation anxiety already so I highly recommend that you go see it in 3D if you haven't, right?  After all, we're the ones who have been a part of the Potter clan from the beginning -- just like you Millenials behind us (old people can Potter too, ya know?!).  There wasn't one thing that fell short for me in this 8th and final installment of the Harry Potter phenomenon.  Well done to everyone. Especially JK Rowling who fought and fought to keep everything as true to the books as possible.  Brilliant.  If there are 10 movies nominated for Best Picture this coming Oscar season then I would say Expecto Nominatum for the Deathly Hallows...