May 24, 2011

"Born This Way" Packed with Great Anthemic Pop (But You Have to Look for it)


Full review later but I will tell you that my standard benchmark for a CD being overall a good CD is if there are at least five tracks that I totally dig.  Despite "Judas," there are some incredible pop/rock/mostly dance and even some country hits just waiting to be set free into the air -- as soon as Judas has stopped stinking it up.  Here are the songs that I am totally digging:

The Queen
Electric Chapel
Fashion of His Love
Black Jesus American Fashion
Hair (give it a chance)
Born This Way
Edge of Glory
Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) -- I have no idea what the hell she was thinking naming this song Highway Unicorn but let me tell you, if you can get past the name -- it's the best song on the entire album.

Let me know what YOU think!