April 29, 2011

Giving Closing Key Note Today at PRSA Western District Conf in Vegas, Baby!

Let's get past the fact that I am substitute teacher for this speech because of an unfortunate flu bug.  Let's get past the fact that I had less than 2 days to prepare before I stand in front of a couple hundred of this coast's brightest PR execs (I don't think I'm going to throw up, so that's comforting).  Let's get past the fact that I've been in Vegas for about 7 hours and I've yet to belly up to a High Roller $5.00 black jack table and unleash the gold dollars that I've been collecting (unbeknownst to me, however) as over the past week I've had several instances of awkward change recounts..."And here you are, sir, that's 1, 2, 3 (green) dollars and 75cents...oh, I beg your pardon.  That's 1, 2, 3 (green) dollars, one sorta gold dollar (didn't we vote against those?) and 50 cents (ah, those shiny, trusted silver quarters, God Bless You).  I always walk away going, I thought there were three gold dollars...

No matter the cost, I am thrilled to be here and to be talking about things I totally get psyched about -- how do we as PR pros make ourselves, our expertise and thus our internal and/or external clients shine like a marvelous (gold or silver) coin of some denomination?!  What's the key? Mylanta, Georgia.  That's a good question...((((FACEBOOK ronroecker))))